2018-09-18

IAAPA


I had an annual pass to these 6 Flags parks, always looking forward to a new roller coaster coming soon this summer, this has a Batman theme obviously the Joker trying to discourage us. It's not the fear, it's just that at my age, my heart would probably not survive the thrills. There are major theme parks from all over the world showcasing their new rides at the International Association of Amusement Parks, Attractions (IAAPA), a trade show held here in Orlando.


I felt like I'm in an artificial environment, wearing this Virtual Reality headgear carrying a weapon as if I'm really in Afghanistan hunting down terrorists without the fear of being shot.
It's so realistic that I could be suffering from PTD, even though I was never drafted. I didn't earn any stripes during my few minutes tour overseas, my legs still remains intact after stepping on an IED. This is just one of the hundreds of exhibits at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) trade show that was held in Orlando.

3D Pinball is among the thousands of new technological advances being exhibited at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), a trade show, closed to the public, held annually here in Orlando, Florida. It's impossible to cover them all, so I just report on a few that stood out. I remember spending all my allowances playing pinball with my friends at the local arcade during the pre-Pong era. Nowadays, the industries has to be more creative to pull you away from your video game console in front of your flat screen.  Parents wouldn't dare pull the plug as they can't put up with your whining. Anyway, I get to check out that 3D stuff, it's so realistic that it has some advantages over the vintage pinball machines, such as multiple games choices, accepts credit cards, etc. I'm so old-fashioned, I'd rather play "Pac Man" on my old Atari 2600.

November 12 - 16
 
Orlando, Florida

Note: The conference is closed to the general public. Only those involved the in industry itself may register. Press must obtained credentials.

There area lots of activities going on during the week, including tours of local theme parks, CEO speakers, the awards presentation and workshops besides exhibitions on the trade floors.

I planning on attending the following workshops that are ADA related, historical, and the awards presentation itself. I'll need to request an interpreter to do more coverage of the conference interviewing, discovering new trends and sharing the information to the Deaf around the world.

Monday, November 12, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
A Railroad Runs Through It: The Life and Lessons of Walt Disne

Tuesday, November 13, 3:45 PM - 5:00 PM

Wednesday, November 14, 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM

IAAPA Brass Ring Awards

Thursday, November 15, 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM 

Right Here, Right Now: ADA Planning For Operations



This vlogger gives us an idea of what to expect at the conference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment