2021-08-04

Thomas Sievert


I first met the late Thomas Sievert, the Deaf mail carrier, at the Greater Milwaukee Association of the Deaf and we hit it off chatting about movies all the time. We are both film buffs who enjoys watching captioned 16mm films at the clubhouse or at home. Tom an alumni of St. John's School for the Deaf (SJSD) transferred to Arizona to escape our harsh  winter. He drives with a "CE3K" in deference to the Steven Spielberg's blockbuster "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." Once I invited Tom to the set of "Major League" where I was producing a "behind the scene" MATA* public access video. Tom got Charlie Sheen's autograph at the commissary. The last time I met Tom was at the DCA conference in Phoenix which I attend with my Deaf sisters. 

Tom is now up there with Charlie Chaplin, Clark Gables, John Wayne and all the great legends of the silver screen. 

*Milwaukee Access Telecommunication Authority (MATA)  

This is Smokey stay tuned for the next episode of Deaf Anthology, Good Night Deaf America!

No comments:

Post a Comment