2021-07-16

Milwaukee Bucks


Ryan Kinney, 10, a student at St John's School for the Deaf (SJSD) was the honorary waterboy during a Milwaukee Bucks basketball game. I arrange that after noticing he always talks basketball while in my dormitory. I think it was a great experience to meet the coach and the players. Ryan's parents drove here from Minnesota to join us. The Milwaukee Bucks nowadays provides ASL interpreter at its press conferences. Milwaukee Association of the Deaf (GMAD) sometimes get free tickets to go to a game as a group. GMAD, a non-profit 501c3 organization, once committed itself to operate the concession stands for a week at the Bradley Center to raise funds themselves. I think that SJSD high school students ought to be doing that instead of writing letters for donations. The seniors probably would earn enough to pay for their cruises in the Caribbean. I attend one game when they were playing against the Soviet Red Army during the Cold War.   I met Kareem Abdul-Jabbar once at a book signing event here at Disney's Hollywood Studios. In my dormitory, one boy collect baseball cards so I arranged him to be a honorary batboy for the Milwaukee Brewers and another to play a game of chess against the grandmaster. I am sure that Ryan Kinney will watch the NBA Finals tomorrow night with a can of beer. 

This is Smokey stay tuned for the next episode of Deaf Anthology, Good Night Deaf America!

No comments:

Post a Comment