2019-08-15

Insensitivity

"I thought you were dead!" That's exactly what my friend told me when I met him at the Deafway II. I know that he's not being insensitive to my feelings, he meant we haven't seen each others since our days at Gallaudet. When he, a heavy smoker, died of lung cancer, I think back of that comment. I admit I felt a sense of relief when another died of a massive heart attack, meaning he taking his grudge against me to the grave with him. One vlogger has an enemy list, recently found out one has pancreatic cancer, made an "insensitive" comment, no need to add any more labels to it, one is enough, really can't wait to scratch off his name. One's lifespan can be shorten by such "insensitive" comment, but really no need to be in an anger mood if we already know his character, so you should expect that. Just be thankful it's not an eulogy. We all got skeletons in our closets, so why fear being exposed of the fact. Gossips among the Deaf is just that. I can't scream to stop the world from spinning. Often when an individual post his "insensitive" remarks, probably also has a "death wish" himself. I ain't got much faith but to pray that he'll be in remission, so he'll be on his nerves a bit longer. I question our purpose of being on this world, the only way to escape the reality of death is live the fantasy life of being immortal. I meant no disrespect but this vlogger is damn good, knowing his stuff, it's the controversially that attracts me, earning my respect while most of us may be impatient. Deafies loves drama, but I accept all bloggers just being themselves, not trying to be judgmental, as long we can freely agree/disagree whatever being discussed at the moment. The only thing negative, a weakness, about me is that I tend to use sarcasm, perhaps I'm guilty of being insensitive myself. Criticism is not my bag, it's just my personal opinion on this subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment