2018-11-20

Balance

It's estimated that 30% of the Deaf population has balance problems that put them at high risk on injuring themselves from falls at home. I know that from my own personal experiences of fracturing four ribs, having to deal with pains, and it's a long progress toward recovery in rehab after hospitalization. Only one thing for sure is that I'm glad that I'm not a racehorse where my jockey have no choice but to shoot me between the eyes to put me out of misery. There is a simple test you can try at home, just crossed your arms and stand still for 30 seconds, then do it again with your eyes closed. You noticed the differences in how you feel, then maybe your primary care physician ought to check you out, and perhaps referred you to a program that specialized in preventing falls. We may not hear the sounds but our inner ears, the cochlear controls our balance. My only concerns about our Deaf children getting cochlear-implants nowadays will have a shorten lifespan from falls itself, not cancers nor heart diseases which are the leading causes of death in America. Your checkbook balance can be wiped out once you get the bill after losing your balance at home, falling in a bathtub where 70% of the accidents happens. Take precautions, make your home safe, keeping the hallways clear, leaving the nightlight on and regular exercises may do the trick.  Clutters is not only an eyesore but it's just not worth losing your mobility the rest of your life. I think that a balance test should be a regular part of your annual physical examination, do you agreed with me on that. I hope my testimony will prevent you from suffering the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment