2017-05-20

Wonderstruck: Cannes Press Conference

 
 

Cannes is a film festival in France  where the controversial film has its premiere. I noticed an interpreter in this CC video as there is a young Deaf actress, Millicent Simmonds, participating. The film is controversial as Julianne Moore, a hearing actress was also casted in a Deaf role.

 
“If you’re a hearing person who grows up in deaf culture, or if you’re a deaf person who grows up in a hearing culture, then you’ve seen both. For me, as a hearing person who grew up in a hearing world, I’m not ever going to fully understand that. But what they allowed me to do was to stand in the doorway between those rooms and observe them both. It was an incredible privilege."                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                        Julianne Moore
 
If I had known this beforehand, I probably would have gotten press credentials to attend the event.
                                                                                                               

"Wonderstruck," will be released in October, I'm looking forward to seeing in on the silver screen.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment