2017-03-10

Cuba: Havana


Just recently returned from Cuba, although Americans tourists are banned from entering, I went under the journalism category. It's only an hour flight, visa can be bought at the airline at the departure gate. Upon arrival exchanged dollars into convertible currency. Don't let the nurse catch you sneezing upon arrival, they had to put up with the embargo still in effect, let alone diseases. I stayed at an hostel next to the baseball stadium, I focused on videotaping the Cuban culture, rather than sightseeing. One day took a Soviet era Lada taxi to outskirts of Havana to visit the Deaf school. They asked me what I do with the obsolete TTY as we are using VPs nowadays, hopefully some organizations will donate the equipment. I felt like I blasted into the past, surrounded by all those vintage automobiles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment