2013-07-14

Fire

This is a common occurrences, Deaf children are dying in their  sleep from smoke inhalation, an tragic event that would've been preventable. Here's one incident to prove a point; in California there was a case where a home burned down to the grounds, killing all of its Deaf occupants. Newspaper investigators discovered that the Deaf parents repeatably been asking their local fire station for a free strobe smoke detectors that would've saved their lives. The Deaf, as taxpayers, have written to their to their aldermen complaining that they were being discriminated, because the city fails to make reasonable accommodation to provide a smoke detector that is superficially designed for the Deaf households, which was available free to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment